The Postman Knock #105

Hello, me dears!
This will be my last Sunday post of the year as next two Sundays there are other posts going up. Say bye to The Postman Knock, and fingers crossed, I'll be able to come back with a lovely plump book haul after New Year's celebrations *wink*

READ:
NIGHT SHIFT  was exceptionally good, and for once I loved almost all the stories in this tiny anthology. Definitely a good buy ad a tasty quick read. THE GRENDEL AFFAIR 
was fun! Perhaps overly descriptive, but the heroine was a smartass and made me laugh. NEW AMSTERDAM was an interesting book for me. Intricate world-building and complex characters. I think I'll be reading more of this steampunk detective series. HARDSHIP was a breezy read once I started concentrating on what was happening. It still blows my mind how complex this sci-fi story is. Looking forward to the last book in series. KISSING MIDNIGHT was a surprisingly intense and very well-written paranormal YA. NEVER JUDGE A LADY BY HER COVER didn't sway me as it did other readers, but I noticed that MacLean is not one of my favorite HR authors anymore. Still it was a 4 star read. At last, SHADES OF MILK AND HONEY was absolutely lovely. I am dying to read the rest of this series now!

BOUGHT:
Reading MacLean now and really enjoying it! I don't think I'll read Damnation straight away. Need a break after Hardship. Johnson sci-fi books are always too intense.

NETGALLEY:

Squee! I got approved but as these two are ARCs I'm not reading them until January :)

This is it for me, peeps. Have a wonderful weekend and check a surprise announcement next Sunday. I promise you will like it.

Hugs,
moi

Popular Posts